Australia’s natural resources and reputation for high-quality produce have created high international demand for Australian agribusinesses. Consequently, the agribusiness industry is growing rapidly, with traders around the world looking to invest in the Australian agribusiness and commodity market. Despite the high demand, there is a shortage of lawyers with the necessary regulatory skills and industry knowledge. Davis Lawyers have built a niche practice in the wider property and finance industries and can advise primary producers in commercial and personal legal matters. Since we have also had significant experience with mining operations, we are able to assist farmers with arrangements with miners.
Let us help you with:
• sales, acquisitions, due diligence investigations – land, plant, equipment and livestock
• adjustment & share farming arrangements
• negotiating conditions and renewals of leases of both property and chattels
• State lease matters – condition of leases, renewal of leases, negotiating land management agreements, conversion of leasehold tenures
• compensation for statutory resumptions (road, rail, electricity, water etc) and mining and gas tenements
• advice on and preparation of all types of trusts and family re-arrangements and corporate structuring